About Me

My photo
Sharing Christ’s love with mothers who give birth in the social Hospital of Heredia, Costa Rica by giving “new mother care packages”. Packages consist of baby and mother necessities needed during the hospital stay. Packages will be hand delivered to the mothers at the hospital as supplies and donations are received. Basic kits include, knitted hat and or receiving blanket, diapers, washcloth, baby soap, water bottle and christian literature. We rely upon U.S. based knitting circles to help with the making of hats for the newborns and take donations both of supplies and monitarily from churches and individuals who wish to be of support this ministry.

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Introducing Hazel

I have mentioned Xenia to you often. She has been with me from the beginning of Chubby Cheeks.You can see her picture on my post entitled "First Visit" Today I would like to talk to you about someone else that has also been a vital part of beginning this ministry. Hazel. I mentioned her earlier when I spoke of translating the literature. Today I would like to expand on who she is. Hazel is Costa Rican, she is married to an American missionary kid. They have two young children. I have known her many years. We had a homeschool “school house” together along with another family for awhile. Hazel is joyful, and has a heart for young mothers. She has studied for a while both nursing, and psychology. Recently she was a counselor and mentor for a group of teenage moms.  She has been accompanying me the last few times to the hospital.  I make mention of her because she is going to be a vital part of Chubby Cheeks Chi Chi. Please continue on to read the following post…..

No comments:

Post a Comment